Hewn is hiring baristas
Attention all Hewn fans: We need to hire part time Baristas with experience. Can you help us find enthusiastic, creative and dependable people for the job? Please forward this to anyone you know who might be qualified…and interested!
• Must know how to grind, measure, tamp and pull beautiful shots of espresso.
• Must have 25 hours, 4 days a week minimum availability, including weekends.
• Must possess superior customer service skills.
• Must gain a familiarity and understanding of Hewn’s products and process and be able to communicate both effectively with customers.
• Must have a high school diploma and barista experience.
As a Hewn barista, you would not only work on the espresso machine, but also take orders at the register, clean and maintain front-of-house areas, and deliver the product to the customer. Employees at Hewn get to spend most evenings free, as we close in the late afternoon. Responsibilities will also include cleaning, arranging product displays, and restocking. Working knowledge of POS system and La Marzocco machine a plus. Health and sanitation license is also a plus but not mandatory.
If you meet all of the above requirements . . . and want to be an important part of a new business, please send us your resume, cover letter and at least two references. Include with your response answers to the following questions:
1. Where was the last great espresso you had . . . and why was it so great?
2. What is your definition of excellent customer service?
3. Why are you interested in this position?
All information should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org